Thursday, September 19, 2013

Homework 5

For our game, we wanted to have a wide variety of weapons available to the player. I went ahead and put together the animation for the warhammer I made last week. Because of the nature of our game, we're only planning on having a single animation per weapon, since the weapons will have one attack each.


I took my Hammer and gave it the command to rotate in Y 10 degrees every time the A button is pressed, and I had it rotate Y -10 degrees whenever D is pressed. I had my weapon spinning but not in the way I intended. I had to change the center of the object to the bottom of the hilt, so it had that look of being swung by an actual person.

This use of the game engine is pretty important, because most of the game is going to be about killing monsters with different weapons that have unique animations. This animation is completely different compared to say a knife or a gun.


*more pictures on the way

1 comment:

  1. Did your game use the "add objects" facility (a requirement for this homework). You could have made it rain for example. Or drop lightning bolts in a crude fashion.

    ReplyDelete